Monday, June 30, 2008

Sinus attack.

Well, it has happened. I go overseas will a clean bill of health and get sick. How typical of my sinuses to ruin a day of planned exploring. I'm still going, but I may not be able to do the full amount that I was planning on. Hopefully I will only be down and out for a few days since the next show is on Thursday. Sinus infections are potentially troublesome for running sound: my nose is congested, my ears feel clogged, and I'm drowsy.

This morning, I did what any American would do: head down to a grocery store to grab some medicine. This is all well and good except that Swedish groceries do not have medicine. Only Swedish pharmacies have medicine. Fine. Great. I'll go to a pharmacy. Finally having made it to the pharmacy, I find that Sweden is not as frivolous about giving out medicine as we are in the US. They only have regular strength over the counter drugs. If I want the Jerry Seinfeld "figure out what will kill me then back it off just a little" maximum strength, I have to go see a doctor. Thus, I am on a combination of various medicines that will hopefully do what Advil Cold & Sinus does. I am not a fan of alternative, natural medicines on the whole; I just want the drugs.

Therefore, I will be chowing down on apples, bananas, OJ, Emergen-C, etc. until I feel myself again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hate your sinus attack but loved hearing about the Swedes and how they dress and say thank you alot. They must be extremely polite. Loved the photos as well.