Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Decatur, Ga - Eddie's Attic

Mavis is a liar, and a pathological one at that.  She'll take me down a road then pretend it ends prematurely so she must calculate another route for me.  Most recently in her string of lies, she sent me down Dozier Hill Road just outside of Oxford en route to Birmingham.  For those of you unfamiliar with the road (which I will assume is everybody save for the residents of the few houses along it), it is six miles of a one laned gravel full of steep hills, tight curves, and speeding locals.  It will haunt my dreams all the days of my life.


Finally, after I was able to resuscitate myself, I made it to Birmingham otherwise unscathed to stay with a good high school friend, Candace.  She has just finished her first year in law school and is having a blast living it up in the South's worst area of cell phone reception.  Many thanks to Candace.

Atlanta was great.  I finally got to go to Eddie's Attic and see a show.  Eddie's the nicest guy in the world, and I got to talk shop for a solid hour with the sound guy, Shalom.  They fed us well and afterwards we retired to a friend's cousin's home just off Piedmont Park.  Many many thanks to Mark Thompson for letting us stay, feeding us, entertaining us, and being generally hospitable.  He sat up with us until 1am engaging us with his stories of his 2000+ skydives.  He is truly fearless.  

Unfortunately, I have no picture from Eddie's Attic.  I either forget that I have a camera, or I'm far too busy to actually get in there and take pictures.  I promise to be more diligent the rest of the week.a

No comments: