Saturday, June 21, 2008

AHH!

Packing up is serious business. We're cooped up in a large Tribeca apartment trying to make sense of all the stuff we have to take. Hopefully we'll be able to fit all of it into small enough bags to make the trip financially viable (overweight/size bags are expensive!).

On the other hand, New York is great. Once you learn the subways, it's really a piece of cake. It's still expensive to eat and live and all that but at least I know how to get from Brooklyn to the Upper West Side quickly and cheaply now. No more cabs for me. I will be wrapping up loose ends this evening (i.e. posting pictures that haven't yet been posted and need to be...if any) before we leave tomorrow afternoon for nearly 5 weeks.

Obviously, my phone will not work in Sweden but I should be able to check email every other day or so and I would greatly appreciate a hello from folks in English since I'm not sure how much I'll be able to communicate with these Swedes. I've got a ton of books to read including two new ones I just picked up--Made to Stick by Chip Heath and American Pastoral by Philip Roth--so I won't be all alone. Either way, shoot me a line, let me know what's going on in New Orleans or in the US in general. I'd appreciate it.


drinks11@gmail.com

No comments: