Friday, June 13, 2008

Baltimore Chop - Baltimore, MD

Before we even get to the venue I hated because of the long drive and insane traffic. DC sucks. Always go around it, never go through it-no matter what Mavis says.

The coffeeshop ended up being very intimate. Good small crowd that was quite receptive and stuck around for nearly two hours afterwards to talk. They certainly didn't help carry anything but oh well. I bought two books there since I'm already getting low.

So far I've finished Geronimo Rex (for the third time), read the Jerry Lee Lewis biography Hellfire (great) and I'm burning through Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections. I bought an Elmore Leonard book and on that will perhaps allow me to better understand my sister when I read it, Why White Kids Love Hip-Hop.

Today before leaving we went to Hon Fest on 36th St. It was nuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get me boa? Or perhaps whatever that is on their heads? I want that!