Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to my first blog. I'm starting this thing up for my friends and family to follow my journey more closely when it begins.
As many have heard, I've been extended the opportunity to travel with the Allman Brothers Band on tour for a few weeks (Aug 17-30th) later this month. I, of course, jumped on the chance and am now looking forward to departure for smoggy New Jersey (my first stop).
While trying to avoid the strictly technical terms, I'll, in essence, be sitting side stage for 10 shows whilst recording and mixing live. The end result will be CDs of the concert available for purchase about 15 minutes after the last note rings out. It will be hectic, it will be stressful, it will be a hell of a lot of fun.
I'll be traversing across the Northeast and into the Midwest in a 31' motorhome (piloted occasionally by yours truly) getting little sleep and even fewer showers. All this is made possible by the production company MunckMix out of the greater Chicago area.
If you will be in the areas of any of the shows on tour, feel free to give me a call. If I have time, I'd love to see you folks. There's more news to follow counting down to the big day (August 17th) so stay tuned.

No comments: