Sunday, August 19, 2007

O Captain, my Captain.

Tonight was the night folks. I am officially wearing the skipper hat now. First of all, it was a great show. They finally played Mountain Jam (at least since I've been with the tour) and it was killer. It was so nerve racking knowing that the real time changes I was making would make or break a recording for the 300 CDs we sold tonight (the most so far!). Needless to say, I didn't have a moment's rest during the two-hour set.

Being behind the board, it's so interesting to hear the interactions between guitarists Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks. They have such different soloing styles and can mimic one another very well. They trade off bars, entire solos, even single notes. I'll be doing my best to perfect the mix between them during the next show (Tuesday at Jones Beach, Long Island).

If any of you have any interest in getting a hand on CDs that I mixed, feel free to stop by abblive.com and scoop up a copy of a CD from 8-19 through 8-31. Or I suppose those of you that know me well, you can just wait long enough for me to make you a copy (or two or three). I'll definitely be putting together a best of compilation when I get back.

That said, I've got the day off tomorrow. That means sleep, it means a real shower, it means a bed that is not a couch the other 18 hours of the day. I'll be spending it fighting traffic in NYC. Of course, I would rather the traffic of New York than the Walgreens-less and nearly gas station-less town of Pembroke, NY that I experienced today. So drop me a line, leave a comment, give me a call. Goodnight all.

Here's the set-list from Darien Center:
Les Brers
Revival
Statesboro Blues
Midnight Rider
Don't Know Who to Believe
The Sky is Crying
Come and Go Blues
You Don't Love Me
Who's Been Talking
Every Hungry Woman
Mountain Jam

Encore:
One Way Out

No comments: