Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm home!

I know, I know, I've been slacking horribly. The truth is, I've been so busy I haven't had time to blog much. After Norway and the last three Sweden shows, we had to take everything completely apart to get back home. I stayed up all night using up minutes on my calling card and made plans to sleep the entire length of the plane ride back. I almost did. The only thing that stopped me was a stewardess who apparently decided that nothing was getting in the way of her fulfilling all of her atmospheric duties.

We boarded at 8:10am local time and I immediately fell asleep. About two hours later, I was awakened by an incessant tapping of this stewardess leaning across the two people in my row to get my attention. What did she want? She wanted to make sure that I had the Kosher meal and needed me to open it due to Kosher Law (I did have the Kosher meal, I'm not Jewish, I just don't eat pork and have had great luck with that meal in the past). So I groggily open the package and fall back to sleep. An hour after that I'm poked again and open my eyes to a warm Kosher meal in my face that I clearly did not want hence the whole slumber thing. So I ate one cracker from it and slept again. I figured I'll be damned if she's going to ruin my sleep. That should be it, barring oxygen masks falling, she has to leave me alone. Nope. She neglected to mention the Kosher breakfast. Heaven help me she woke me up again for that nonsense too. I should lodge a formal complaint with Continental.

With all of that behind me, I am now back in New Orleans eating deliciously rich Cajun food, drinking decent beer, speaking English 100% of the time, and melting in the heat. I elected not to go back to work this week so it has been a solid few days of relaxation during which I have done laundry, rearranged my house, cleaned up, gone to the bank, watched TV, read the last of my book, and taken cat naps. Yesterday, I began recording a John Michael song and it is great to be able to do that before leaving again. I really missed recording.

All in all, I'd say the trip was worth it. I learned a lot, I visited three new countries, I got out of the New Orleans heat, I got some killer new jeans, and I had fun. Will I partake a tour that long again? Not sure, but I could do some fly dates I believe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog..and your making me miss New Orleans! Glad the trip was worth it.