Monday, August 18, 2008

Rest in Albany

Two days off is both a blessing and a curse. I've walked up and down the main thoroughfare Wolf Rd. looking for food and entertainment with marginal success and failure respectively. I've been playing catch-up on the Olympics, finally catching some track & field (though I greatly prefer track to field). In addition, I've discovered that I love E! countdowns like Top 101 SNL Moments as well as old school Tom & Jerry cartoons. I've also finally had Dunkin Donuts coffee--delicious.

The last show was great. Derek Trucks' wife Susan Tedeschi sat in. Listening from the crystal clear headphones I was reminded how angelic her voice is and how tasteful her Nashville-style of play is. CD sales were huge as usual in the Boston area. I can only hope sales will be as robust elsewhere as they were Saturday.

The bus continues to be amazing as well as on-site catering. Every day I can expect to find good sammich fixins and a decent dinner. All in all, I'm having a good time and think that this tour is just the right length though it's been much easier just having friends here.

No comments: