Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stormy weather

I find myself 1500 miles from home with a powerful storm lurking just south of the gulf. As it seems now I may have to pack everything up Friday afternoon when I get home in preparation for a Saturday morning evacuation.

The fact that expected landfall will happen mere days after the third anniversary of Katrina is both mind-boggling and disturbing. My only hope is that it will weaken or turn. I'm not sure how much faith the fair citizens of New Orleans will have in their city if another storm passes through.

As far as the mynameisjohnmichael.com goes, our plan is tentatively to record one track back home in Jackson and then possibly pick up in Austin later. Of course, that is planning for the worst.

Keep your eyes on the weather and your hearts on the city on New Orleans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i heard the evacuation to jackson was miserable. Something about not enough wine?