Friday, February 27, 2009

Mardi Gras recap and MNIJM tours

Well I have survived my fifth Mardi Gras intact. Got to see my favorite parade (Muses) from my favorite spot (Magazine and Napoleon) which is definitely a great way to start up my personal parade season. Kat and I were able to introduce Mardi Gras to our Iowa-bred roommate who loved it for the most part. We spoiled her rotten by taking her to some invite-only stands downtown though. I know people who were born and raised here and have never had the opportunity to do that so I know her fellow Teach For America-ers will be envious. Mardi Gras this year also marked my Lenten promise as I decided to start it early: I have given up beer for Lent this year.

Why beer? Why not? It weighs you down I suppose. This means I will not be seeing Judy over at Cooter Brown's until April. Sorry Judy. I'll be back I promise.

In other news, today marks the first day of the first weekend in a long series of mini-tours around the Southeast for MyNameIsJohnMichael. We begin in Baton Rouge and Lafayette today and tomorrow and will soon travel to cities like Jackson, Austin, Birmingham, Atlanta, Memphis, Houston, Nashville, Mobile, Oxford, etc. Keep your eyes and ears peeled people. We're coming to your town!

Finally, it seems engineers occasionally receive statues for their work on a Grammy winning record. Which means I may have to start a trophy room after all. We'll see. I'm keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed for this one.

1 comment:

Cyranix said...

Austin? Fuck yeah! I'm so there. Have a good weekend and kickass tours, and you damn sure better shout at me when you're in the area.