Saturday, October 4, 2008

Carolinas

We have made it through the first half of the second leg officially. Today I find myself in Charlotte, NC waiting around as Phil Lesh and Friends finish their setup as they will be closing the show again tonight. Thus, it's a hurry up and wait situation until we can get our stuff on stage.

Last night's show was pretty killer though I'm worried about the mix since my ears were all stopped up thanks to yet another sinus infection. Apparently, my sinuses know when I leave the deep South and make me pay handsomely for it. Thankfully, it was just two bad days and it wasn't too severe. Brian Farmer, poor guy, is puking due to the build-up in his throat.

I wish I could say I had a lot more stories about shooting rubberbands outside the bus window, but I don't. The most ridiculous thing I've seen since I last visited you was a sponsor tent last night raising money for a children's hospital. It's not that alone that makes it ridiculous. It's the fact that the organization that was raising money through a motorcycle auction was Raleigh's number one strip club. Honest to God, strippers were walking around asking for donations and telling everyone about free admission valid with the ticket stub to last night's concert. It didn't make much sense to me. I thought they were going about it all wrong: calling out to people based on hair color, what they were wearing, etc. For example, when I walked by on the way to the CD sales tent, I was called "Boston hat," "red western shirt" and "hey you." However, I don't guess they know any better. I would imagine that's the type of treatment they get day in and day out. How unfortunate. It's no wonder I don't go to those establishments.

Tomorrow we're heading for a whole two days off in the Birmingham area. My buddy Adam said he'd come visit but I doubt he'll remember. Maybe calling him out publicly in this forum will convince him to make the short drive. Otherwise, we'll just hang around visiting the hotel bar, possibly playing paintball, and watching TV. If you're in the Birmingham area, come pick me up and take me somewhere Sunday and Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know...Birmingham is only 3 hours away from me..I would have totally come and chilled with you...but I'm working. Sorry man. Hope the tour is going good!

-alex