Monday, October 6, 2008

Birmingham, AL

First of all, please check out the new element on my blog! On the right column, you will find a link to my iPhone app GPS Tracker. I will update it every day (or I will do my very best to do so) so you can figure out where I am on a day to day basis! Thanks!



So here I find myself on day off number two in Pelham, AL (just south of Birmingham). It's a lot like one may expect in a small southern suburb: fast food, chain restaurants, and a Walmart. There's honest to God nothing to do. Yesterday we decided to hit up the only sports bar in the area, Hooter's, and watch some football. While a good time was had by all, I must say I felt kind of filthy to be in there.

It was my first trip ever to a Hooter's and I'd love to say it's my last but the Saints and the Red Sox are playing tonight so I guess I'll be returning. It's hard to be picky when you're on foot.

Today I spent an exciting morning doing laundry, eating at Waffle House (which truly was exciting), and finding the quickest way to Walmart--which is through a 6 foot diameter drain under the highway and down a dry creek bed. Yes, I am quite the adventurer you might say.

Tomorrow we have our show in Birmingham and I can only hope it will be without a Hendrix tune on the setlist like the last show. When the Jimi Hendrix Experience plays "Manic Depression" as a three piece, it's wonderfully loose and dirty and it moves. Now when the Allman Brothers play "Manic Depression" as a seven piece, it's polished and slow and tight a.k.a. no good. Everyone's been asking if we're in town for the Talladega race. We're just sorry to disappoint them.

No comments: