Saturday, July 12, 2008

My greatest fears have been realized

Well, the time has come and a lot sooner than I had hoped. I finished all my books including the John Grisham book (which sucked me in around page 200 I must admit) and a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird that was miraculously here in Sweden. So I have finished a full 10 books and a thoroughly uninteresting copy of Vogue in about 5 weeks and have about 2 1/2 weeks left. Hopefully I can actually make it to that bookstore in Stockholm when I get back.

On a happier note, Gotland is pretty nice. We're pretty isolated from everything here and the distance from a city is noticable. A kilometer in one direction brings me to a country store with the daily necessities, a kilometer in the other direction brings me to the Gotland shore and an ancient fishing village with no electricity or plumbing to give you an idea of the area I'm in. Either way, Gotlanders are excited that one of their own is here and playing shows. They're packing in from miles around.

No comments: