Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Voodoo Fest!

Well it's Halloween again and for the first time since 2003, I didn't go to Voodoo fest. I was there, but not to see shows. No, this year I had the golden opportunity to work with local radio station WWOZ to record some of the fest. It was good times. They have two killer mobile recording trucks and go all over the country doing recordings. It would be fantastic to work for them at some point (perhaps some time very soon...).

I did hear good things about the music though:

Kings of Leon put on a pretty good set but they really need to be in a small indoor venue to do justice. They're just much better in an intimate atmosphere. Rage Against the Machine did not have Trent Reznor or Robert Plant sit in, thank goodness, so I didn't miss anything there. Billy Corgan was off-key and just doesn't have the same energy he once did. Perhaps its time to hang them up. Wilco was apparently fantastic and I believe it. Despite those of you who loved A Ghost is Born and didn't care for Sky Blue Sky, I liked it very much because it returned to my favorite Wilco record: Being There.

Congratulations on another great year, Rehage. You've got some big planning to do for next year...Voodoo's tenth anniversary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With this years lineup being so huge, do you have any guess/wishes for next years lineup?

drinkwater said...

Guesses? No. Wishlist? Mastadon, Kanye, Prince, Raconteurs, Heartless Bastards, etc

Anonymous said...

I don't really know what kind of a pull Rehage has in the music festival world, do you really think he'd be able to get musicians like Kanye or Prince?

drinkwater said...

He's gotten 50 Cent, Beastie Boys, NIN, etc. I bet he can get them. Radiohead would be huge but I don't think it'll happen.