Monday, October 15, 2007

Royal American - Don't Waste Water

Last Friday the members of Royal American walked into the store to rent some stuff and generally shoot the breeze. Apparently they're an indie pop band based out of Brooklyn and New Orleans. When they returned the stuff, they dropped off a couple copies of the new EP Don't Waste Water. Today I threw it in not knowing what to expect and it turns out it's really good. They played here at Checkpoint Charlie's on Friday and I wished I had heard this CD last week because I'm betting it was a good show.

Don't expect them to change the world or become blog stars, but if you're in the mood for 6 strong pop songs then check out either the Royal American MySpace page or the official website.

My personal favorite is "Fire One Down." The CD sounds good, the songs are just the right length (something that is incredibly important to pop), and the band members are ridiculously nice guys. Give them a listen. Maybe even buy the EP from iTunes.

Royal American - Fire One Down

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That song reminds me of Hot Hot Heat for some reason. Thoughts?

drinkwater said...

I'm not quite sure what it reminds me of. I like it though.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like it, but that's what I hear in it.